Virtual One-on-One Tutoring for Families in Northern Virginia, Washington, DC, and Beyond
Children of all ages can struggle with reading. We offer a broad range of virtual reading tutoring to students experiencing difficulty with:
- Reading Comprehension – Many students have difficulty remembering what they read. Our tutors employ research-backed strategies to help students better understand what they read and retain information.
- Reading Speed – Is your student struggling to read at an adequate speed? Is reading a laborious task for your student? A private tutor can help students improve the speed with which they read.
- Reading Accuracy – Young students often get into harmful guessing habits when it comes to reading. Learning how to decode and pronounce words correctly is fundamental to success in reading.
Our reading tutors are committed to encouraging the enjoyment of reading and view this as a central element in reading improvement and success.
Orton-Gillingham Reading Program Tutoring
For children who need intensive support to learn to decode words and develop reading fluency or have been diagnosed with dyslexia, we offer instruction using an Orton-Gillingham Reading Program.
Our specialized reading program lessons engage students through a multisensory, language-based approach. The lessons build upon each other and require students to master each level at their own pace before moving on to the next. The lessons are structured but also provide flexibility to accommodate the individual needs of each student.
Our specialized reading tutors have:
- extensive experience working with struggling readers
- proven methods to teach phonemic awareness
- the ability to teach in a direct & systematic way
- a dynamic, engaging, multisensory teaching style
- training in Orton-Gillingham based programs